Friday, January 26, 2007

><>GREAT LUCK<><

If it wasn't for bad luck.....







Well my saga starts out on the 10th of January, I got home from work around 4:30 and decided to burn the trash from my dads shop. So I dumped the trash from the barrel into the burn barrel and the trash spread out so I was lighting different parts of the pile. I got one side lit good and I leaned down to light it again and POOF! the nozzle off a spray paint can melted off and the air shot out on fire at my face. I was home alone so I ran inside and cleaned off my face and checked the damage, I was missing all my lashes and my bangs were barely touched due to the hat I was wearing, my eyebrows were still intact THANK GOODNESS!! The pain hadn't got too extreme yet so I wasn't too worried about the severe ness of the burns until I was cleaning my nose and a chunk of skin wiped off. Then in about 5 minutes the pain really started kicking so I called my mom to come 15 minutes from town to pick me up b/c my eyes burned and I had to keep dabbing my face with a wet cloth to keep the pain in check. We went to the town clinic, they said I had 2nd degree burns on my nose and they checked my breathing in case I inhaled the heat and needed inhalers but I didn't so they put Silvadene on it and gave me some drugs and I went home. Within about a week the skin had all peeled off my nose and almost totally healed.



Then on the next Monday the 15th me and my friends had a day off of school so we went sledding on the Cannon Dam. The weather we had that weekend was ICE so we went so fast on the ice it was CRAZY. A road ran at the bottom of the big hill and the road had a concrete ditch that acted as a ramp over the road and onto the lower hill. We sledded for a good 45 mins and we were about ready to go so all 4 of us piled on one sled and went down the hill. we were down the steady slope and we hit the drop off and at the bottom of the drop there was a sidewalk that was above the ice, my heels were dragging so they were jammed on the edge of that and I felt extreme pain immediately and we still went another 100 more yards on the sled. So they drove me to town to meet my parents to go to the E.R. and we did that. We were sent home with 2 shots in the butt, vicatin, and a good wrapping. We had to wait for the swelling to go down so we had an appointment for Thursday. We went in then and he said I needed surgery b/c a ligament was pulling the fragment away from the bone. So I went in the next day for surgery and ended up with a 3 INCH SCREW!! it is weird to think I will have a screw in my leg 4 ever but o well... this blog is pretty long and I gotta go to bed so until next time....

My ankle on the way to the ER (it doubled in size later!)

No comments: